10 More Things New Weightlifters Should Know
1. More isn’t always better, it’s just more.
2. After a PR, you get 24 hours to enjoy it. Then get your ass back to work. If you are anything like me, sleeping that night will be hard.
3. If you feel great full lifts, if you feel a bit off th... Continue reading
10 Things All New Weightlifters Should Know
1. Learn the correct terms. Snatch, Clean and Jerk. Then learn Power Snatch, Power Clean and Power Jerk. Then keep going until you can name every lift on Greg’s video showcase with out notes.
2. Learn kilos. I am at the point where I convert pounds to... Continue reading
Dos and Don'ts of Meet Day: Weightlifting Competition Preparation
These are the do’s and don’ts of what to do and not do on meet day that I have either watched or experienced myself over the years.
1. &nb... Continue reading
Tighten up the Bar, Lifter Will Repeat
Just about 6 years ago I entered my first weightlifting meet. I had been Olympic lifting for about 4 months and wanted to get into a meet before I took off for Iraq for the next 7 months. So there was a group traveling from San Diego up to San Francisco for th... Continue reading
How to keep the PRs Rolling
Remember your first year or two of Olympic Weightlifting when you were literally hitting PR’s every week? Remember how awesome that felt? I remember guys who would train at the same place I did actually start plotting where they would be a year from wher... Continue reading
I dig the nutritional aspect of the weightlifting game.
I really try to get the most out of what I eat and I love to come in just under my weight while trying to hold onto the most amount of muscle I can. Watching what I eat has always been pretty important... Continue reading
I have to say I love them.
It’s that start of a new program that has limitless possibilities that I really enjoy. The thought of new PR's and the day to day battle that just gets me fired up to get started.
I have a system I have used for years... Continue reading