Level 1 Coach
The Level 1 coach certification process can be done with a live seminar, or exclusively online. Level 1 coaches have demonstrated the ability to coach beginning to intermediate weightlifters. They know how to do the following according to Catalyst Athletics methodology and protocols:
- Teach the snatch, clean and jerk
- Teach major assistance exercises
- Design training programs for beginning to intermediate weightlifters
- Recognize, diagnose and correct common technique errors
- Improve weightlifting-specific mobility in their athletes
- Assess new lifters for proper program design
Individuals may attend the Level 1 seminar strictly for educational purposes with no certification for $500. There are no pre-requisites for eligibility.
Requirements for Certification
- Minimum 1 year experience training the Olympic lifts as an athlete
- Attendence of the Level 1 seminar OR completion of the Level 1 online course
- Passing of Level 1 exams (taken online)
Required Course Materials
Level 1 Online Course
The level 1 online course includes access to several online modules that include video, text and photo to add to the material in the course textbook and in the seminar. This material can be studied at the candidate’s own pace in addition to the course textbook.
This online course can serve as an alternative to attendance of a live seminar, or for live seminar attendees, will serve as additional course material for the Level 1 certification. The course may also be used without certification to receive CEUs/CECs by passing a separate online exam for this purpose.
Certification Testing Information
Certification requires the passing of two tests covering the material all of the level 1 topics listed above. Testing is done online, and there is no deadline to begin or complete the testing process after taking a seminar.
Each test requires a score of 85% or higher. Testing includes multiple choice, true and false, written response, and the creation of a sample training program. Testing for the certification is very difficult and candidates are expected to study—candidates WILL NOT PASS the exams without studying all of the course materials.
Candidates will be allowed to retake a failed test one time at no cost. Additional retesting will incur the retesting fee.
- Certification (with seminar or online) - $1000
- Level 1 Online Certification (online course + certification testing) - $1000
- Level 1 Online Course (no certification) - $500
- Seminar Only (Does not include access to online course materials) - $500
- 10% off for groups of 3 or more. Inquire about discounts for groups over 5.
- Retesting Fee - $100
Register for Level 1 Seminar/Certification
Register for Level 1 Online Certification
Register for Level 1 Online Course