Greg Everett 2014 American Open Cycle
This is a 12-week cycle very similar to what Greg Everett used to train for the 2014 American Open. It uses RMs and back-off sets with much of the work to allow a lot of flexibility in loading and very hard work if you're ambitious. It also has a good amount of positional strength work for the lifts and training for leg explosivess. The cycle finishes with a full 4-week competition mesocycle with plenty of heavy single snatch and clean & jerk for max testing or competition.
"Total went from 232 to 254kg."
- Dan L.
"I increased my competition total by 13kg!"
- Jonathan A.
"By week 10 I've added 20 pounds on my snatch and 25 on my C&J"
"This program has been great. Increased my snatch already by 7.5kg and more importantly my confidence and consistency in numbers."
"Snatch went from 102kg to 107kg, Clean and Jerk from 113.5 to 120kg, and Front squat from 120kg to 127.5kg."
- Deece R.
"Here are my lifts improvements: Clean&Jerk: 78 kg --> 86 kg, Snatch: 60 kg --> 70 kg, Back Squat: 90 kg --> 97 kg, Front squat: 78 kg --> 86 kg, Power snatch: 54 kg --> 57, Power clean: 75 kg --> 80 kg"
- Lucas D.
- Squat strength
- Pulling strength
- Overhead strength
- Leg explosiveness
- Unilateral leg strength/stability
- Turnover strength
- The percentages that follow an RM are of that day's RM. For example, 5RM; 95%x5, 90%x5 means that you work up to a 5RM, then do 95% of that for 5 reps, and then 90% of it for 5 reps.
- Rep prescriptions like 3+1 provide the rep count for each exercise in the complex in order. For example, Segment Clean (knee) + Jerk Drive + Jerk - (1+3+1)RM means that for each set, you will perform 1 segment clean, then 3 jerk drives, then 1 jerk.
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 76,520 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 59 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!