12-Week Traditional Cycle
This is a 12-week, 3-mesocyle training cycle with two four-week blocks of fairly high volume and high rep lifts and squats and a final 4-week competition mesocycle. It uses simple progressions and is a good, basic program for a wide range of athletes.
"Did the whole cycle and my squat went up 40 lbs"
- Arthur Z.
"Snatch 70 to 90, C+J 90 to 110, FS 100 to 135 BS 135 to 160. Much more consistent on the classic lifts."
- Mark A.
"Every one of these lifts has gone up by 10 lbs for me!"
- Jackie R.
- Newer and intermediate lifters
- CrossFitters or other athletes who want to emphasize strength and weightlifting temporarily while not losing a lot of conditioning
- The cycle is good for beginning and intermediate lifters, BUT you may have to adjust the weights, as your 1RMs are likely inaccurate. If certain lifts feel too easy, increase the weight.
- Some days have conditioning work - this is optional and only for those who want to maintain conditioning for activities/sports other than weightlifting during the cycle
- Heavy single, (90%x1, 95%x1, HS) x 3 means that you work up to a heavy single, then hit 90% of that, 95% of that, then try to hit that HS again, and repeat this wave 2 more times.
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 93,921 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 60 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!
- DOES NOT include app access; purchase directly from app