Week 1 Day 1 Monday
Week 1 of 9 – Chelsea’s Leg Saver
- Snatch Pull + Snatch + Overhead Squat – 65% x 1+2+1 x 5
- Snatch Deadlift on Riser – 85%x5x3
- Back Squat – 65%x5x5
- Back Squat Jump (% of Back Squat) – 20%x5x3
This is a cycle intended for athletes who can't manage frequent or intense squatting; it uses relatively low-intensity squats twice weekly. It also loads for only 2 weeks before unloading, so it's good for athletes who can't manage longer burdening periods.
- Lifters who need to squat infrequently
- Lifters who need shorter burdening periods
- Overhead strength & stability
- Competition lift improvement relative to squat strength
Questions? Get answers here or post in comments.
- Some exercises use feel to determine weights; avoid grinding reps or failure