Week 1 Day 1 Monday
- Concentric Power Jerk – 3RM, 90%x3, 95%x3
- Back Squat with 15-20kg of chains – 10RM, 90%x10, 90%xMax reps
- Bulgarian Split Squat (reps/leg, moderate wt) – 3x10
- Box Jump – 3x5
A1. Snatch Press - 3 x 15
A2. Hanging Leg Raise - 3 x max
A Various Variety of Variations Week 1 of 9
This 9-week cycle uses different competition and strength lifts with each exposure for the first 6 weeks, and then focuses on heavy single competition lifts for the final weeks to prepare for competition or max snatch and clean & jerk testing. The first phase uses a lot of maximal effort work, but is limited to 2-week burdening periods to make it more tolerable. Contains plenty of accessory work.
Percentages following an RM or HS are of that max set. Questions? Get answers here or post in comments.
Week 1 Day 2 Tuesday
- Hang Power Clean (knee) + Hang Clean (knee) + Clean – RMx1+1+1, 90%x1+1+1, 95%x1+1+1
- Floating Clean Deadlift – 5RM, 90%x5x2
- Good Morning (moderate weight) – 3x10
A1. Farmer Walk - 50m x 3
A2. Weighted Plank - 3 x 20-30 sec Questions? Get answers here or post in comments.
Week 1 Day 4 Thursday
- Snatch from Power Position – 3RM, 90%x3, 95%x3
- Sumo Deadlift – 8RM, 90%x8x2
- Single-Leg Deadlift (reps/leg, moderate weight) – 3x6
- Back Extension with DB row – 3x15
A1. Snatch Grip Upright Row - 3 x15
A2. Bent Row - 3 x 10
A3. V-Up - 3 x max Questions? Get answers here or post in comments.