This is a 9-week cycle with 3 3-week mesocycles with 2 loading weeks and 1 unloading week each. It relies primarily on complexes in both the competition lifts and accessory lifts. Intensities are mostly determined by feel rather than prescription, so athletes have a lot of control over how difficult the program is and have a lot of flexibility.
The final mesocycle will peak for competition or snatch and clean & jerk testing. The first 2 mesocycles (6 weeks) can be used without the final mesocycle as a preparatory phase for another more competition lift emphasis cycle as well.
"Snatch went from 230 to 245, Clean and Jerk from 275 to 285, front squat from 305 to 325, and back squat from 365 to 385."
- Rick M.
- Athletes who need a shorter loading schedule before backing off
- Building work capacity and stamina
- % prescriptions following an RM are of that day's RM.
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 78,697 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 59 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!