Alyssa's Heavy Single Nightmare
This cycle focuses on heavy snatch and clean & jerk singles, but also includes heavy squat singles 1-2 times daily along with back-off rep squats in some sessions. It also uses on-the-minute lifts in the first phase, and then waves after heavy singles in the second phase. This is a nasty program and will take a lot out of you, but will produce some excellent snatch, clean & jerk and squat results if you can handle it.
"Awesome program. Used this as meet prep for Masters Nationals. Went 6/6 with a snatch pr and meet total pr." - Lacey K.
"Front Squat: 145kg => 160kg (+15kg), Back Squat: 167kg => 176kg (+9kg), Snatch: 103kg => 108kg (+5kg), Clean & Jerk: 130kg => 135kg (+5kg), Clean: 133kg => 137kg (+4kg), Jerk: 140kg => 142kg (+2kg), Total: 230kg => 240kg (+10kg). What a fun cycle it was!" - Kamil O.
- Max single squat improvement
- Competition lift improvement
- Competition preparation
- Frequent heavy single lifting
- On squats, you'll work to a heavy single, always aiming for PRs, but first trying to beat your last squat session by at least 1kg.
- After heavy single squats, you'll then drop the weight for the following multiple-rep sets, the goal of which will be to work to a maximal effort on the final set and try to beat your all time PR or at least your previous training session with those reps
- OTM - "On The Minute". Each set begins 1 minute after the last - NOT 1 minute rest. Weight changes need to be done within this 1 minute period as well.
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 76,517 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 59 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!