This is an 8-week cycle that uses a lot of heavy singles and singles waves in the snatch and clean & jerk, and relies primarily on the competition lifts, power and hang variations, and squats. It includes technique primers each day, prescribed ab and back work, and will peak for competition or max snatch and clean & jerk testing at the end of week 8.
- Competition lift improvement
- Competition preparation
- A first time trying more frequent heavy single lifting
For heavy single snatch and clean & jerk, give yourself a max of 3 misses before stopping, and never finish on a miss - drop the weight and take a last single to finish on a make.
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 76,519 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 59 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!