5-Week Squat Bump
This is a quick 5-week cycle that will help boost your squatting strength.
"Added 25kg to back squat (190kg) and front squat." - Gael
"Back squat went from from 135k / 156 k, snatch 94k / 102 k very happy with this program." - Matthew
- Squat strength
- Improving postural strength in FS/clean
- Pulling strength
Pulling weights can be adjusted up if they feel too light. Lift-offs should be difficult, pulls moderate, and floating halting deadlifts difficult but within your ability to maintain proper positioning and complete back arch.
- Select weights by feel for technique primers at start of workouts - these should be light, and the emphasis on the precision of the movement, not the weight.
- For Saturday's heavy single snatch and clean & jerk, give yourself a max of 3 misses before stopping, and never finish on a miss - drop the weight and take a last single to finish on a make.
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 76,517 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 59 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!