Jessica's Complex & Competition
This is a 12-week program with a lot of complexes in the first 8 weeks, and a competition taper in the last 4 weeks. Pulling strength is emphasized, but squat strength and overhead strength are not forgotten. The volume is high, so be prepared before you start it.
"Yesterday, I got an all time PR of 285# on clean and jerk and an all time PR of 230# on snatch. I am extremely satisfied with the results and I cannot wait to get started on a new program!"
- Nick S.
- Volume accumulation
- Pulling strength
- The percentages that follow an RM are of that day's RM. For example, 5RM; 95%x5, 90%x5 means that you work up to a 5RM, then do 95% of that for 5 reps, and then 90% of it for 5 reps.
- Rep prescriptions like 3+1 provide the rep count for each exercise in the complex in order. For example, Segment Clean (knee) + Jerk Drive + Jerk - (1+3+1)RM means that for each set, you will perform 1 segment clean, then 3 jerk drives, then 1 jerk.
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 83,326 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 60 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!
- DOES NOT include app access; purchase directly from app