12-Week Basic Cycle
This is a 12 week cycle with plenty of squatting, pulling and pressing strength work for the first several weeks. This is a good cycle for fairly well-balanced lifters. The volume and intensity are moderate, so this cycle is good for newer lifters or those who cannot tolerate a lot of volume and intensity.
"Finished up the 12 week basic cycle after about 15 months off from Crossfit with lifetime PRs of +25lb snatch, +35lb clean & jerk plus PRs in, well, everything from strict press to deadlift." -Jeremy J.
"I have just completed your 12 week basic cycle and have improved my competition results from 85/115 in Dec to 93/118 in Apr and 90/121 in June with misses at 95/125." -Paul T.
"Snatch went from 93 to 105, CJ from 116 to 123."
- Andrew N.
"Snatch went from 75 lbs to 143 lbs Clean and Jerk went from around 165 lbs to 212 lbs. Also front and back squat has really improved. I highly recommend this to the beginner lifter.
" - Josh M.
"Lifts went from 60/70kg to SOLID 75/95kg at my second meet, and possibly good for more. Back squat from 110 to 125kg. Great programming, really helped me strengthen all the different portions of my pulls and definitely helped my overhead strength. Clear and concise, well-balanced cycle."
- Patrick S.
- Lower volume & intensity tolerance
- Less experienced lifters
- This is a relatively "light" training cycle - use it if you don't recover well from more intense, higher volume programs
- The cycle is good for beginning and intermediate lifters, BUT you may have to adjust the weights, as your 1RMs are likely inaccurate. If certain lifts feel too easy, increase the weight.
Register for Instant Access
Our weightlifting training programs are currently used by 80,526 athletes around the world! Register
to join them with a free
Register Now Login
- 60 different training programs with new ones added regularly
- Guaranteed response to posted questions from a coach
- Programs available in web, text and Excel spreadsheet format
- Free account: Access to daily workouts and free programs
- Premium account: Access to all programs - only $15/month!